Twelve Victoria Residents Recognized with Honorary Citizen Award
May 30, 2014
Last night, Victoria City Council recognized 12 exemplary citizens by presenting them with an Honorary Citizen Award. The awards are held every three years and celebrate individuals who have made significant contributions to our city through service to the community or personal achievements.
The Honorary Citizens Committee reviewed all nominations and recommended a list of recipients for Council to evaluate. Council then selected the award winners based on the nominee’s role of:
- Being a leader or role model
- Having broken new ground or old barriers
- Having provided significant mentorship
- Having inspired others
- Having contributed to building a strong community in the City of Victoria (Greater Victoria area)
- Having brought honour and/or fame to the City of Victoria (Greater Victoria area)
Honorees for 2014 are:
- David A. Anderson
- Mavis DeGirolamo
- Brian Groos
- Murray Arthur Farmer and Lynda Anne Farmer
- William McCreadie
- Gordon Juy Kong Quan
- Jan Ross
- Kenneth W.D. Shields and Kathryn C. Shields
- Mary Ann Thomas
- Prof. Verena Tunnicliffe
Congratulations to all of the 2014 honorees!
Learn more about the Honorary Citizen Award.
Go to Top