Branch Pick-Up Begins February 14
February 17, 2017
The annual branch pick-up began on February 14 and will continue until March 15. Branches for pick-up should be placed on boulevards as of February 14.
What you need to know:
- Please note that only tree branches can be chipped and collected. All other yard waste can be taken to the Public Works Yard for disposal.
- Tree branches must be between 2.5 cm and 25 cm (1" and 10") in diameter for chipping.
- Each legal household in Victoria is allowed one tree branch pile, limited to 1.2 x 1.2 x 1.8 metres (4 x 4 x 6 feet). This is the approximate amount that a half-ton pick-up truck can hold.
- Branches should be loosely stacked with their cut ends together.
- Branches should not be placed in bags or boxes or tied with string or wire.
- If your property does not have a boulevard, the branch piles can be placed on public or private property behind the sidewalk or in the driveway behind the sidewalk. Please do not place branch piles on the sidewalk or roadway. Piles left in rear laneways will not be chipped.
- City trucks make one pass down a street. If a return trip is required, a $40 fee will be charged per request.