Vote Now for Your Favourite Community Project
December 12, 2017
It's now your time to vote in Victoria’s first ever Participatory Budgeting Process!
Twenty-eight proposals were submitted by individuals and organizations this fall. The ideas were vetted to ensure they were viable and worked to improve life in Victoria.
Eight shortlisted projects are vying for up to $50,000 in funding. Now it’s the community’s turn to VOTE!
The shortlisted projects are:
- A pop-up garden and native bee art installation with educational workshops.
- Solar power and batteries for the aquaponics system at the Compost Education Centre.
- An art and music program for seniors with dementia.
- An employment training program, connecting vulnerable adults with local employers.
- An arts program for marginalized people in the Victoria area.
- A new electronic community resource board at Victoria High School to serve the Fernwood community.
- A pedal-powered Victoria Bike Music Festival and summer concert series.
- A community learning garden in the courtyard by the Downtown Branch of the Victoria Public Library.
Learn more and vote here.Go to Top