NOW RECRUITING: Community Wellness and Peer-Informed Task Force
August 19, 2019
The City of Victoria is looking for individuals with lived experience to serve on the Community Wellness Peer-Informed Task Force. The Task Force will focus on issues of mental health, problematic substance use, and homelessness and help develop recommendations for the City's Community Wellness Strategy.
Task Force members will participate in a series of engagement sessions with Council liaisons to identify and inform what actions need to be taken to deliver an effective, responsible, and community-building response at the municipal level.
Areas of focus will include prevention, education, integration of services, and advocacy.
The Community Wellness and Peer-Informed Task Force will consist of 12 – 14 members.
We are looking for participants with experiential knowledge in the following areas:
- Personal lived experience with mental illness
- Personal lived experience with problematic substance use and/or addictions
- Family experience with mental illness
- Family experience with problematic substance use and/or addictions
- Experience with the mental health care system
- Experience with treatment, recovery, or addictions and the health care system
- Experience with homelessness
Deadline to Apply
The deadline to apply is Friday, September 6, 2019 at 4 p.m.Go to Top