Parking - What You Need to Know
May 2, 2019
This week, the City of Victoria will begin charging for on-street parking on Sundays.
Metered parking on Sundays will improve turnover for on-street parking customers and will generate new revenue to fund BC Transit passes for Victoria youth in the fall.
NEW - Starting May 1, 2019:
- Pay parking at on-street meters will be in effect daily from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sunday on-street parking will have a four-hour time limit, with a fee of $2 per hour in a 90-minute zone and $1 per hour in other areas of downtown.
- On-street parking will continue to be FREE from 6 p.m. – 9 a.m. and all day on holidays.
View the Parking Fact Sheet & Map for details.
- Monday - Saturday from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m., on-street parking zones range from $1.50 to $3 per hour with 90-minute to 24-hour time limits.
- Payment can be made by coin, credit card, the ParkVictoria app, or the City Parking Card at an on-street pay station within your zone.
- For Sunday rates and time limit when parked at single-head meters, please pay with the ParkVictoria app or at a pay station.
Note: Non-metered on-street parking zones will remain the same on Sundays.
Parking at the City’s five parkades will continue to be FREE after 6 p.m., all day Sundays and holidays, with the first hour always free.Go to Top