TC10K is Sunday, April 28
April 23, 2019
The 30th annual TC10K will take place on Sunday, April 28, and includes a 10K and a 1.5K Family Run. Register and learn more.
The 10K route starts on Government Street (at the crosswalk between the BC Legislature and the BC Museum) heading north on Government to Yates, east on Yates, south on Vancouver, east on Richardson, then right onto Minto, south on Moss, east on May, and south on Memorial to Dallas Road. The course then continues along Dallas Road, finishing in front of the Legislative Buildings on Belleville Street.
The race travels along various streets downtown, in James Bay and in Fairfield.
Race Start Times:
7:55 a.m. Visually Impaired Athletes and Competitive Wheelchair Athletes
8 a.m. Runners/Recreational and Competitive Walkers
11 a.m. Thrifty Foods Family Run
- Belleville between Menzies and Government Streets will close at noon on Saturday, April 27 to accommodate the race until Sunday, April 28 at 2 p.m.
- The start/finish area at Government and Belleville Streets will be closed from 5 a.m. - 2 p.m. on Sunday, April 28 between Superior and Humboldt, along Government Street.
- All streets on the race course will be closed as of 7:45 a.m. on Sunday, April 28. Re-opening times will vary by location.
- All intersections along the race route will also be closed. Roads inside of the race route will remain open, but motorists will have to cross the route at intervals as directed by the police until roads re-open.
- Pedestrians will still be able to cross the race course, though there may be some delays.
- The current race course offers a significant advantage to motorists in that it allows for rolling openings of roadways as soon as the last runners pass through various points along the route.