Make a Difference in Your Community - Recruiting for External Grant Review Committee and Victoria Family Court & Youth Justice Committee
February 17, 2020
External Grant Review Committee
The External Grant Review Committee provides assistance to Council in its deliberations on Strategic Plan Grants.
This Committee is currently recruiting for three vacancies. View the application form.
- One member for a two-cycle term;
- Two members for a one-cycle term.
The purpose of the Strategic Plan Grant Review Committee is to review all applications received by the City under the Strategic Plan Grants program and to make recommendations to City Council on the annual Strategic Plan Grants to be funded by the City.
The committee will be comprised of five members of the public appointed by Council with specific expertise and interest in the key strategic plan areas of:
- Social Inclusion and Community Wellness
- Economic Development
- Arts and Culture
- Public Spaces, Green Spaces and Food Systems
- Community Empowerment
Public members on the Committee must not be affiliated with any of the organizations applying for Strategic Grants Funding.
For further information, please see the Strategic Grant webpage here.
Victoria Family Court and Youth Justice Committee
The mandate of the Victoria Family Court and Youth Justice Committee is to be aware of the circumstances of youth and families who may come in contact with the justice system.
This committee is currently recruiting one member. View the application form.
The purpose of Victoria Family Court and Youth Justice Committee is to pursue its mandate, as cited above, by:
- liaising with fron tline service providers at monthly meetings
- educating the public and elected officials
- obtaining youth and family input
- reviewing family and youth legislation
- monitoring court hearings and custody facilities
- making recommendations to appropriate legislative bodies