Provide Feedback on the City’s Accessibility Framework
February 3, 2020
The City of Victoria is striving to make our community as inclusive as possible and is collecting important feedback from residents about accessibility in Victoria. An open house and other engagement opportunities will help finalize the City’s Accessibility Framework.
The Accessibility Framework will outline a city-wide program to be introduced over the next several years to prevent and remove barriers for people with disabilities. Its goals, objectives and directions will help the City provide a high standard of accessibility across municipal services and programs, infrastructure and projects.
Residents can participate in the engagement process in the following ways:
- Attend the Open House on Monday, February 3 at the Cook Street Village Activity Centre from 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. Staff will be available for discussions along with interpreters, information boards, and computers and headphones set up for screen-reading.
- Visit engage.victoria.ca to watch a video-recorded presentation – available online starting on February 3
- Review the documents at engage.victoria.ca and submit your comments to staff by end of day on February 9through the following options:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone – 250.361.0378
- In person at City Hall Engineering Department – 1 Centennial Square