Public Service Centre at City Hall Re-Opens July 2
June 29, 2020
We’re increasing in-person services at City Hall.
Starting Thursday, July 2, you can visit the Public Service Centre in person to pay your property taxes and make other financial transactions. You are no longer required to make an appointment, however, to avoid line-ups we encourage you pay your property taxes online, use the drop box outside City Hall or pay by mail.
Located on the ground floor, the Public Service Centre from July 2 onward, will be open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. excluding statutory holidays.
Upon arrival, please line up outside the Pandora Avenue entrance of City Hall. Ambassadors will be there to greet you. You will exit the building into Centennial Square.
Please Note: The Development Services and Permits counter on the second floor will continue to provide service by appointment only. Planning is underway for re-opening at a later date.
Ways to Pay Your Property Taxes
To ease the financial burden faced by taxpayers during the pandemic, the City has extended this year’s property tax deadline to Tuesday, August 4, 2020. Learn about the many payment options.
Safety Measures at City Hall
If you need to come into City Hall, we’ve made some changes for your safety and the safety of our staff:
- Directional markers outside and inside City Hall will keep you two metres apart from others.
- Ambassadors at entrances will direct you and answer questions.
- The number of people inside the building will be limited.
- Plexiglass screens at service counters will provide a physical barrier.
- We are frequently cleaning high-touch services.
There are also some things you can do when coming to City Hall:
- Sanitize your hands before and after your visit.
- Practice physical distancing.
- And if you are feeling ill, please stay home.
Together, we can continue to do our part to stay safe.
Learn more about the City’s response to COVID-19.
Go to Top