Ways to Pay Your Property Taxes; Deadline is August 4
July 27, 2020
To ease the financial burden faced by taxpayers during the pandemic, the City has extended this year’s property tax deadline to Tuesday, August 4, 2020.
The Public Service Centre at City Hall re-opened on July 2. You can now pay your property taxes and make other financial transactions in person, if needed. Located on the ground floor, the Public Service Centre is open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., excluding statutory holidays. Upon arrival, please line up outside the Pandora Avenue entrance. Ambassadors will be there to greet you. You'll exit the building into Centennial Square.
Although you are no longer required to make an appointment, to avoid line-ups, we encourage you to pay your property taxes:
- use the drop box outside City Hall or
- pay by mail
Please Note: The Development Services and Permits counter on the second floor will continue to provide service by appointment only. Planning is underway for re-opening at a later date.
Safety Measures at City Hall
If you need to come into City Hall, we’ve made some changes for your safety and the safety of our staff:
- Directional markers outside and inside City Hall will keep you two metres apart from others.
- Ambassadors at entrances will direct you and answer questions.
- The number of people inside the building will be limited.
- Plexiglass screens at service counters will provide a physical barrier.
- We are frequently cleaning high-touch services.
There are also some things you can do when coming to City Hall:
- Sanitize your hands before and after your visit.
- Practice physical distancing.
- And if you are feeling ill, please stay home.
Together, we can continue to do our part to stay safe.
Learn more about the City’s response to COVID-19.
Go to Top