Annual Youth U-PASS Now Available Online for 2022

Youth living in the municipality of Victoria can now apply for a free annual Youth U-PASS valid from January 1 to December 31, 2022.

“Free transit services give youth access to reliable transportation to school, work and recreation and make it easier to explore the city without the need of a vehicle,” said Mayor Lisa Helps. “The free U-PASS is key to fostering young transit users that will continue to opt for public transportation for years to come and help reduce emissions by keeping future cars off the road.”

The Youth U-PASS program allows youth 13 to 18 years of age to travel for free on the Victoria Regional Transit System, with children 12 and under already riding for free thanks to the provincial government. Youth can apply online for their U-PASS and the annual pass card with picture identification will be mailed to their home. The pass is valid for all of the Victoria Regional Transit System.

This municipal program is the first of its kind in the province, with a goal to encourage low-carbon, affordable transportation while creating lifelong transit riders that will lead to fewer vehicles and less traffic congestion. The U-PASS program is provided with the support of the Victoria Regional Transit Commission.

Victoria youth, their parents and/or guardians will be required to provide documentation and confirm their eligibility to participate in the City of Victoria’s free Youth U-PASS program. Youth that cannot apply online, can apply in-person at the City’s Public Service Centre. Questions about the program can be directed to the City’s Public Service Team by email at or by calling 250.385.5711.

As a part of GO Victoria, the City’s mobility strategy, Victoria has set a target to double transit mode share by 2030. Investments in public transit programs, such as the Youth U-PASS, provide residents with more mobility choices, improve transportation affordability and reduce GHG emissions.

To apply for the youth U-PASS online, visit:

A list of approved documents and more information can be found at: