REMINDER: Deadline to Apply for Active Transportation Advisory Committee is March 1
February 23, 2021
Interested in active transportation? We're looking to fill up to 12 positions for a two-year term on our Active Transportation Advisory Committee.
Your role will be to provide advice and recommendations to City Council and staff on a range of initiatives including:
- Achieving the active transportation related goals and targets within Go Victoria, the City's mobility strategy, including:
- Strategies for promoting the mode shift to active transportation
- Crosswalk prioritization and implementation
- Implementation of the Bike Master Plan
- Implementation of the Pedestrian Master Plan
- Transit issues, priorities and projects within the City of Victoria jurisdiction
- Proposed transportation expenditures as part of the annual Financial Planning Process, including road improvement projects, cycling and pedestrian infrastructure, traffic calming initiatives, and bus shelters
- Transportation issues and priorities identified through the Local Area/Neighbourhood Planning Process
- Neighbourhood “place-making” initiatives with active-transportation impacts
- Additional active transportation issues as identified by Council, staff and committee members.
The committee meets nine time a year, except for July, August and December. Meetings are currently convened online during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We're looking for people with an interest and experience in cycling, pedestrian mobility, seniors' mobility, physical accessibility lived experience and expertise in transit issues.
The Active Transportation Advisory Committee is comprised of up to 12 members of the public appointed by Council. Members are assigned two-year terms.
The committee is structured as follows:
Three members with expertise on cycling mobility
Three members with expertise on pedestrian mobility, including one member with specific expertise on seniors’ mobility
Three members with expertise or lived experience on physical accessibility issues
One member with expertise on transit issues
Up to two additional members.
Two Council members are appointed to serve as non-voting liaisons to the committee.
NOTE: Those who have already served two consecutive terms are not eligible to apply but can apply for the next call.Go to Top