NEW: How to Apply for the Home Owner Grant
February 1, 2021
The B.C. Home Owner Grant reduces the amount of property tax you pay for your principal residence. Starting this year, eligible BC homeowners will no longer apply for the Home Owner Grant through their municipal office.
Victoria homeowners will now apply directly to the Province for the Home Owner Grant using a new, easy to use online system or by phone.
Although the application process has changed, grant eligibility criteria remains the same.
The Province’s new online system will help ensure that homeowners receive their full grant entitlement, including the additional grant for seniors or persons with a disability. It will also process Home Owner Grant applications faster and reduce fraud.
How to Apply Using the Province’s New System
- The new system will be available on February 16.
- Homeowners can subscribe to receive updates at gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant.
- The best time to apply is after you receive your property tax notice and before your property tax due date.
- Keep your property tax notice handy. It has important numbers you’ll need to apply for the Home Owner Grant.
- If you’re unable to apply online, call 1-888-355-2700.
Go to Top