Now Accepting Applications for Strategic Plan Grants
January 7, 2021
Have a great idea for a project or program that supports the actions and outcomes of the City of Victoria’s Strategic Plan and builds community resilience?
Non-profit and community organizations are invited to submit applications for the City’s annual Strategic Plan Grant by January 31, 2021.
In 2020, Strategic Plan Grants ranged from $1,500 to $32,000 with the average grant awarded of just under $10,000. The total funding available for 2021 is $500,000.
The 2019 - 2022 Strategic Plan has eight objectives that guide the City’s work:
- Good Governance and Civic Engagement
- Reconciliation and Indigenous Relations
- Affordable Housing
- Prosperity and Economic Inclusion
- Health, Well-Being and a Welcoming City
- Climate Leadership and Environmental Stewardship
- Sustainable Transportation
- Strong, Liveable Neighbourhoods
Previously funded projects have included programs to help prevent youth homelessness, support Indigenous healing, educate renters about their legal rights and responsibilities, create a neighbourhood Tool Share program, and advise newcomers on educational and financial assistance opportunities.
The City’s annual Strategic Plan Grant has funded 286 projects, investing $3.1 million in the community since the program began in 2015.
To assist potential candidates with their application, a free virtual workshop will be held on:
- Wednesday, January 13 from 9 a.m. – 11 a.m.
- Wednesday, January 20 from 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
The workshop will provide a detailed overview of the grant application process and an opportunity to ask questions.
To sign up to participate, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go to Top