NOW RECRUITING: Renters' Advisory Committee
September 16, 2021
Looking for a volunteer opportunity?
The City of Victoria is seeking eight renters to serve on its Renters' Advisory Committee for a two-year term.
The Renters’ Advisory Committee provides advice and recommendations to Victoria City Council on:
- Policies to protect and improve the quality and affordability of existing rental stock
- Policies to increase rental housing stock
- Improving conditions and well-being for renters living within Victoria
- Strategic priorities for the City relating to renters
- Impacts of provincial and federal legislation affecting tenants
- Enhancing access and inclusion of renters in the development of municipal policy and civic life
- Other matters that the Renters’ Advisory Committee deems relevant to the interests of renters within Victoria
Committee members are to represent the diverse perspectives and experiences of renters and renters’ advocates.
Three members are to have expertise or lived experience on accessibility issues.
Learn more and apply by Sunday, October 3, 2021 at 11:59 p.m.Go to Top