Permit records can be useful when purchasing property or planning a renovation.
Permit Record Services
The City of Victoria provides access to permit records and information related to properties while ensuring that the privacy of property owners is protected. Our services include:
Permit History Search
- Permit History information is available online, free of charge, through VicMap
- This search provides the basic information of a property including year built, last approved use based on permit records and all building, plumbing or electrical permits for the property
Property Information Portal
Property Status Letter
- Property Status information is available online, free of charge, through VicMap
Permit Plan Search
- This search provides access to retained records, including plans for a specific property, at the owner's request. Available records will vary from address to address. Available records can be viewed at City Hall, 2nd Floor, 2 business days after the search fee has been paid.
- Please visit MyCity Plan Search Request to log in or register and submit a Plan Search request
Plan search fees can be found on the Permits and Inspections Fee Schedule [PDF/204KB].
Information, Policies & Resources
Permit History Search Using VicMap
- Permit History and Property Status Letter information is freely accessible online using VicMap
Plans and documents are sent to Island Blue Print for copying at the requestor's expense. Please contact Island Blue Print directly at 1-800-661-3332 ext 3 to inquire about their fees and pricing.
Approved Building Plans
Submission requirements for Building Permit plans have changed over time. As a result, some sets of plans are less comprehensive, and may not include various structural or mechanical drawings. We can't guarantee that the information you need for a current application will appear on existing plans.
Condominium & Apartment Buildings
Plans for apartments or condominium complexes may not contain drawings for individual units. Often, only a typical layout plan of each floor will be submitted. Suites may not be identified by their unit number on these typical layout plans, although there may be drawings of specific unit types.