City Hall is a unique heritage building in downtown Victoria. It is a resource for citizens to access information and services, and members of the public can book spaces in City Hall for meetings and events.
Some types of events suitable for City Hall include:
- community group meetings
- non-profit events
- workshops, weddings
- arts and culture related events.
Commercial activities, registered political parties, or public rallies are not permitted to rent space inside City Hall.
A fee of $150 will be charged for private weddings. All other events will be charged on a cost-recovery basis only, which can include staffing costs for events taking place outside of normal operating hours. However, no room rental fees will apply.
Spaces for Rent
- Antechamber: Seats up to 75 theatre style and 56 with round tables. A projector and screen are available. Other room setups are available.
- Songhees Nation Meeting Room: Seats up to 16 at a boardroom table, with room for an additional 15 chairs at the end of the room.
- Esquimalt Nation Meeting Room: Seats up to 10 at a boardroom table.
All bookings are subject to availability. Please note, Thursdays are generally not available due to Committee of the Whole and Council meetings.
Looking for a unique space to hold your wedding? Our heritage City Hall building is open for weddings four days a year!
The following dates have been set for weddings, with ceremonies at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.:
- In 2023:
- February 17
- June 16
- September 15
- December 15
- In 2024:
- February 16
- June 14
- September 13
- December 13
Ceremonies include a one-hour rental of the Antechamber, with seating for guests as needed. The room rental fee of $150 is payable at the time of the booking. Payment can be made in person at the Public Service Counter in City Hall, or by credit card over the phone by calling 250.385.5711.
Couples are responsible to book their own marriage Commissioner and obtain a licence. Bookings will be subject to availability. Find out more about how to get married in British Columbia, including information on marriage licensing, registration, and booking a Commissioner.
Weddings in City Parks
For information on holding your wedding in a City of Victoria park, please visit the Special Event Permits page.
Booking City Hall
If you are interested in getting married at City Hall on any of the above dates, please:
- Review the policy and guidelines for renting the space
- Check availability by emailing us at email@example.com
- Secure your spot by sending your completed rental application form to firstname.lastname@example.org