The following information is required to apply for a permit to reserve street parking for your move:
- What is the address or block for which you need a parking space reserved?
- What are the current parking regulations at this location?
- Are there any parking meters in the spot(s) you want to reserve? If so, record the four-digit meter identification number. Go to the parking space to check or check online
- Are there other parking restrictions? These could include time-limited parking, residential-only, and passenger/commercial loading zones. Go to the parking space to check or check online
- What is the length of the vehicle for which you are reserving the parking space(s)?
If you are not able to apply online, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org with the required information or call 250.361.0300 and ask for Street Occupancy. If leaving a voicemail, please indicate the date for which the permit is required.
Note: You will not receive a refund for your permit if a car is parked in your permitted parking zone before signs are installed or if the signs are stolen or vandalized. If a car is in your permitted parking zone before the signs are up, it cannot be towed.
If you are planning to use a moving bin/container:
- Bins are only allowed to be on the street for up to five calendar days
- Your parking space permit including for the bin needs to have been approved before you can place the bin
- In your application you need to note the dimensions of the bin (length, width and height) so staff can review potential impacts to visibility on the street