Reserve Street Parking for Your Move

If you are a contractor or trade requesting parking, please refer to our Road Work Permits  web page.

The following information is required to apply for a permit to reserve street parking for your move:

  1. What is the address or block for which you need a parking space reserved?
  2. What are the current parking regulations at this location? 
    • Are there any parking meters in the spot(s) you want to reserve? If so, record the four-digit meter identification number. Go to the parking space to check or check online
    • Are there other parking restrictions? These could include time-limited parking, residential-only, and passenger/commercial loading zones. Go to the parking space to check or check online
  3. What is the length of the vehicle for which you are reserving the parking space(s)? 

Apply for a Permit to Reserve Street Parking

If you are not able to apply online, you can email with the required information or call 250.361.0300 and ask for a Street Occupancy Permit. If leaving a voicemail, please indicate the date for which the permit is required. Staff will return your call within two business days if we need further information.

Note: You will not receive a refund for your permit if a car is parked in your permitted parking zone before signs are installed or if the signs are stolen or vandalized. If a car is in your permitted parking zone before the signs are up, it cannot be towed.

If you are planning to use a moving bin/container:

  • Bins are only allowed to be on the street for up to five calendar days
  • Your parking space permit for the bin needs to have been approved before you can place the bin
  • Please note the dimensions of the bin (length, width and height) in the "Summary of the Scope of Work" section