Transit Services

Transit operations, services and routes in the City of Victoria are the responsibility of BC Transit. The City works with BC Transit to install new bus shelters and improve transit stops. 

The transit network includes service within the municipality as well as connections to neighbouring municipalities. The network includes key destinations such as universities and colleges, Swartz Bay Terminal, the Airport and both major hospitals.

Visit BC Transit for information on fares, maps and schedules.

BC Transit

Annual Youth U-Pass

The Youth U-PASS program allows youth ages 13 to 18 who are residents of the City of Victoria to travel for free on the Victoria Regional Transit System.

Apply for a Youth U-PASS

Applications for the 2024 U-PASS are now open.

Required Documents

Participation in the U-PASS program requires documentation supporting proof of age and residency. Examples of accepted government issued identification showing both age and current address of the youth: 

  • BC Services Card with current address
  • BC Identity Card with current address
  • BC Driver’s Licence with current address

If the youth does not have one of the forms of I.D. shown above that includes both age and current address, the following combination of current documents can be submitted:

Proof of Age (one of the following is required):

  • BC Services Card
  • BC Identity Card
  • BC Driver’s Licence
  • birth certificate
  • passport
  • BC CareCard
  • permanent residence card
  • Indigenous and Northern Affairs Status card
  • International Student Identity Card

Proof of Residency (two of the following are required, but documents can be in the name of a parent or guardian):

  • property tax statement
  • homeowner insurance policy
  • renter insurance policy
  • utility bill with service address, mailing address, and billing period
  • BC vehicle registration
  • BC Government ID of parent or guardian (driver’s licence, Health Services or Identity card)
  • rental agreement (displaying landlord’s phone number and signature)
  • a formal homestay document or letter from the school declaring the home address

Victoria youth, their parents and/or guardians are required to provide documentation to confirm their eligibility to participate in the City of Victoria’s free Youth U-PASS Program. Youth that cannot apply online, can apply in-person at the Public Service Centre located in City Hall. Questions about the program can be directed to the City’s Public Service Centre by emailing or calling 250.385.5711.

The Youth U-PASS program collects your age and residency to determine eligibility for a free transit pass and to satisfy BC Transit’s requirements to limit the use of U-PASS to the individual it was issued to. This information will not be used for any other purpose. The legislated authority to collect your personal information is section 26(c) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. If you require additional information regarding the collection of your personal information, please contact the Information Access and Privacy Analyst at or by phone at 250.361.0347.