Zero Waste Victoria
Zero Waste Victoria is a plan to reduce waste disposal by 50% by 2040. This plan was approved by Council on December 10th, 2020.
Key actions include:
- development of new single-use item regulations
- changes to building permits to reduce and recycle materials from building demolitions
- new requirements for organics and recycling at multifamily and commercial properties
- enhancements to the City’s solid waste services
Review the plan documents:
About Waste in our Community
Everyday across the City of Victoria, over 120 tonnes of materials are disposed of and sent to the landfill. The waste includes:
- demolished buildings
- uneaten food
- plastic and paper packaging
- old clothes and furniture
Reconsidering these materials as valuable resources to keep them in use is a key principle of a circular economy. In this area, cities have the biggest role to play in the transition to a more circular and sustainable future.
Contact email@example.com for more information.