Social Media Share Links
Street Occupancy Application Terms and Conditions
CONDITIONS OF PERMIT
Go to Top
- That the applicant of this permit indemnify and save harmless the City of Victoria against all claims, liabilities, judgments, costs and expenses which may accrue against the City in consequences of, and incidental to, the granting of this permit/occupancy.
- That the City does not inspect any of the works, detours, or traffic control created as a result of this permit/occupancy.
- That at no time is the applicant of this permit and/or their designate allowed to obstruct the pedestrian walkway and or roadway without the City’s consent as indicated on this permit.
- That the applicant of this permit and/or their designate must maintain insurance authorized to carry on business in British Columbia, third party public liability and property damage insurance in an amount of not less than $2,000,000.00 to protect the applicant from any and all claims which may arise from the proposed work and that the said insurance may not be cancelled, lapsed or materially changed without the insure giving 15 day written notice of cancellation to the City.
- That the applicant ensures that all required traffic control or detours created as a result of this permit comply with the Work Safe BC’s requirements and the latest edition of the Traffic Control Manual for Work on Roadways issued by the Ministry of Transportation.
- Any covered walkways or hoarding must comply with the latest edition of the British Columbia Building Code.
- The applicant will inform the City Engineer, or their designate, when this permit is no longer required. The permit rate will be calculated up to the date the City Engineer, or their designate, receives such information.
- This permit is not valid for 20 Minute Maximum Meters unless designated on this permit.
- Meter hoods must be returned by 10:00 am the following day. A charge of $20 per day per hood will apply if not returned on time.
- Applicant is not permitted to hood an occupied meter space.