NEW - As of May 1, 2019:
- Pay parking at on-street meters is in effect daily from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Sunday on-street parking has a four-hour time limit, with a fee of $2 per hour in a 90-minute zone and $1 per hour in other areas of downtown. View the Parking Fact Sheet & Map for details.
- On-street parking continues to be free from 6 p.m. – 9 a.m. and all day on holidays.
- Monday - Saturday from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m., on-street parking zones range from $1.50 to $3 per hour with 90-minute to 24-hour time limits. View the Parking Fact Sheet & Map.
- Payment can be made by coin, credit card, the ParkVictoria app, or the City Parking Card (see below) at an on-street pay station within your zone.
- For Sunday rates and time limit when parked at single-head meters, please pay with the ParkVictoria app or at a pay station.
Note: Non-metered on-street parking zones will remain the same on Sundays.
The new revenue from Sunday on-street metered parking will fund BC Transit passes for all Victoria youth, starting this fall.
Parking at the City’s five parkades continues to be free after 6 p.m., all day Sundays and holidays, with the first hour always free.
The ParkVictoria app makes paying for on-street parking easier. You can pay for on-street parking from the comfort of your vehicle using your iPhone, iPad, Android smart phone or tablet by downloading the free ParkVictoria app from the App Store or Google Play.
How to Use an On-Street Pay Station
Using a pay station is easy.
- Park and note your space number.
- At a pay station in your parking zone, enter your space number.
- Choose your method of payment (coin, credit card or the City's Parking Card).
- When using a credit card, ensure to pull it from the card reader in a downward motion.
- Purchase the parking time you require.
- Print and collect your receipt - there's no need to return to your vehicle.
A pay station's main screen provides prompts throughout the transaction. Your receipt includes your parking space number and the date and time of expiry.
To report a pay station that is not working, please contact Parking Services at 250.361.0260.
Free Evenings and Holidays
On-street parking downtown and at City parkades is free evenings from 6 p.m. - 9 a.m. and all day on holidays. On-street pay stations do not accept payment, nor do they allow you to reload a parking card, on a holiday.
Note: Pay parking is in effect 24/7 at the City's surface parking lots.
Designated On-street Parking Spaces for
People With Disabilities
How to Pay a Parking Ticket
Online - You can pay a parking ticket online by credit card.
By Mail - You can pay by cheque and money order only (no cash), payable to: City of Victoria, and mail it to: City of Victoria, #1 Centennial Square, Victoria, BC V8W 1P6.
In Person - At the Public Service Centre at Victoria City Hall, located on the corner of Douglas Street and Pandora Avenue, weekdays, 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Cash, cheque, debit, credit card are accepted.
After-hours Deposit Box - You can also pay by cheque or money order at the drop box located at the Pandora Avenue entrance to City Hall.
Any ticketed vehicle may be impounded. While public safety is the most important reason for towing, other reasons might include:
- Ticket history of the vehicle
- Parked along a tow route
- Parked at a location in which a valid permit exists
- Safety issue – parked beside a fire hydrant, blocking a driveway or intersection
Vehicles towed by the City of Victoria for outstanding tickets must pay a $200 administration fee prior to having their vehicle released by Always Towing. Vehicles may be claimed at Always Towing, 647B Dupplin Road in Victoria. Please contact Always Towing at 250.381.0110 to confirm that your vehicle has been towed by the City. Towing and storage fees will apply.
City Parking Card
The City's Parking Card is available for use at all on-street pay stations. A Parking Card can be purchased and reloaded at the Customer Service Centre at City Hall for a one-time administration fee of $10, and parking time is available in $25 increments. The hours of operation for the Customer Service Centre at City Hall are Monday to Friday, from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Note: City parkades and surface parking lots do not accept Parking Cards. The single parking meter heads accept coins only. Learn more.
Remaining Single Head Meters
The 253 single head meters downtown serve people with disabilities, small vehicles, and for 20-minute zone on-street parking spaces, as well as in areas where there are too few spaces to warrant a pay station. Rates are $1 per 20 minutes.
The meter posts at these parking spaces are also numbered to offer you the option of using the pay stations, however, the zone rate will apply.
Single head meters accept coins only. They do not accept the City Parking Card.
Note: For Sunday rates and time limit when parked at a single-head meter, please note the parking space number and pay with the ParkVictoria app or at a pay station.Go to Top