There are several options available to pay for parking in the city. You can use a pay station, purchase a reloadable City Parking Card or download the ParkVictoria mobile app for extra convenience.
How to Use a Pay Station
Pay stations are simple to use and available across downtown for on-street parking. To use a pay station:
- Note your parking space number after parking your vehicle.
- Enter your space number at a pay station in your parking zone.
- Choose your method of payment (coins, credit card or the City’s Parking Card).
- Buy the parking time you need.
- Print and take your receipt showing the date and time of expiry. You do not need to return to your vehicle to display the receipt.
The pay station’s main screen will show prompts during your transaction. To report a pay station that is not working, please contact Parking Services at 250.361.0260.
Pay stations will let you prepay if you arrive downtown before on-street parking is enforced at 8 a.m. For example, if you arrive downtown at 7 a.m., you can park and prepay for up to 90 minutes. This will enable you to park until 9:30 a.m.
The ParkVictoria app is an easy way to pay for parking on the go or from the comfort of your vehicle. The app lets you pay for parking with a virtual wallet or by credit card. There is no need to visit a pay station or parking meter.
City Parking Card
You can buy a City Parking Card for use at all on-street pay stations. Cards can be bought for a $10 one-time fee, and are available at the Public Service Centre at City Hall. The Public Service Centre is open Monday to Friday, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Note: The City of Victoria is not responsible for lost, stolen or damaged Parking Cards. Cards are not accepted at city parkades or surface parking lots. Single-head parking meters only take coins.