Book an Event at City Hall
Victoria City Hall is open to the public.
City Hall, a unique heritage building in downtown Victoria, is a resource for citizens to access information and services. Members of the public can book spaces in City Hall for meetings and events.
Some types of events suitable for City Hall include community group meetings, non-profit events, workshops, weddings, and arts and culture related events. Commercial activities, registered political parties, or public rallies are not permitted to rent space inside City Hall, and the requesting organization's mandate and activities cannot discriminate against any individual or group as outlined in the BC Human Rights Code.
A fee of $150 will be charged for private weddings. The fee is due and payable at the time of booking. Payment can be made in person at the Public Service Counter located on the main floor or by credit card over the phone by calling 250.385.5711. All other events will be charged on a cost-recovery basis only. This can include staffing costs for events taking place outside of normal operating hours. However, no room rental fees will apply.
Spaces for rent
- Council Chambers: Seats up to 30 when booked separately, and up to 170 in theatre-style when booked with Council Antechamber. Other room setups are available.
- Antechamber: Seats up to 40 when booked separately, and up to 170 in theatre-style when booked with Council Chambers. Other room setups are available.
- Songhees Nation Meeting Room: Seats up to 16 at a boardroom table. An additional 15 theatre-style chairs are located at one end of the room.
- Esquimalt Nation Meeting Room: Seats up to 12 at a boardroom table.
All bookings are subject to availability. Please note Thursdays are generally not available due to Committee of the Whole and Council meetings.
How to book City Hall
If you are interested in booking a space in City Hall, please:
- Review the policy and guidelines
- Check for availability by sending us an email at email@example.com
- Secure your spot by sending your completed rental application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- City Hall Public Use Policy [PDF - 114 KB]
- City Hall Public Use Guidelines [PDF - 195 KB]
- Rental Application Form [PDF - 55 KB]
Go to Top