Yard & Garden Waste Drop-off
City of Victoria waste collection customers can drop off their yard and garden waste at the Public Works Yard (417 Garbally Rd) from 7 a.m. - 2 p.m on Saturdays.
Please note that this service will be closed on the following Saturdays:
December 24, 2022
December 31, 2022
You can now add yard and garden waste to your green bin! Learn more about what goes in your green bin here.
Other city services:
Yard and Garden Waste Drop-off
The City's yard and garden waste drop-off program is available to residents of Victoria from 7 a.m. – 2 p.m. every Saturday.
City staff will be present at the garden waste drop-off to direct traffic but residents will need to unload their own garden waste. Staff will direct residents where garden waste can be unloaded while maintaining a safe physical distance.
Accepted: leaves, small branches, grass clippings
Not accepted: rocks, sod, soil, stumps, or branches greater than 1.8 metres (6 feet) in length or 50 millimetres (2 inches) in diameter.
Invasive plant and vine material should not be disposed of through the green bin program or through drop-off at the Garbally Road yard. Improper disposal through these two options could result in further spread of invasive plant material to our natural environment. To safely dispose of invasive plants, please bring them to the regional disposal site:
- Place all plant and vine parts in garbage bags
- Label these “INVASIVE PLANTS”
- Take your bags to Hartland Landfill at 1 Hartland Avenue
- Reduce the wait time caused by seasonaly higher drop-off volume by consolidating your loads and coming every other weekend if possible. Please note there is a single truckload limit.
- To facilitate lining up safely, please access Garbally Road from the Jutland Road intersection
- Arrive before 1:30 p.m to ensure that your yard waste can be collected before 2 p.m.
Thank you for your understanding.
Other yard and garden waste drop-off options:
- Hartland Landfill (#1 Hartland Avenue - 250 360 3030) weekdays and Saturdays
- Ellice Recycling (524 David Street - 250 386 4342) weekdays, Saturdays and Sundays (no cash payments)
- MacNutt Enterprises (1410 Alan Rd by Interurban Camosun College - 250 479 6560) weekdays and Saturdays
Public Works Yard webcam:
If the line-up on the Public Works Yard webcam below shows vehicles lined up to outside the gate, you can expect to wait up to 15 minutes to dump their yard waste. Generally, the maximum wait time to dump yard waste at peak hours is approximately 20 minutes. Please note If you check the webcam at 1:45 p.m. and the lineup of vehicles is to the gate already, it’s very unlikely you will get to dump your yard waste before the yard closes for the day. Please note, the webcam is only available between 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Saturdays.
Go to Top