City bylaws are intended to keep our city clean, healthy and safe for everyone.
View our most commonly accessed bylaws here.
The goal of Bylaw and Licensing Services is to achieve voluntary compliance through education and information.
Common examples of activities or issues that are regulated by City bylaws include:
- Property conditions, including graffiti
- Excessive noise
- Signs (unauthorized placement/construction)
- Business Licensing
- Zoning (property use)
- Building (construction, electrical and plumbing safety)
- Vehicles for hire (sightseeing vehicles)
- Snow/Ice removal
- Obstructions on streets or sidewalks
- Illegal disposal of litter or garbage
- Use of parks and other public spaces
- Storm water management
- Use of pesticides
- Protection of significant trees
- Operation of bicycles and other human powered devices
- Street entertaining and street vending
View the most frequently accessed City bylaws here.
How to Report a Bylaw ViolationThe most efficient way to do this is by completing the online bylaw violation form.
A bylaw violation form can also be completed in person at 625 Pandora, Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Additional Information Related to Bylaw Complaints
Bylaw officers respond to phone messages and emails 7 days a week from 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Any emails after 4:30 will be responded to the next day.
- by phone at 250.361.0215
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- in person at our office at 625 Pandora, Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Go to Top