All City departments are once again open to the public and no longer require appointments. City Hall is located at 1 Centennial Square. Located on the ground floor, the Public Service Centre is open Monday to Friday from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. excluding statutory holidays. People can enter City Hall from Pandora Avenue or from Centennial Square. The Douglas Street entrance remains closed.
Wearing a mask in public indoor settings is no longer required by Public Health. Wearing a mask is a personal choice. Please do not visit City Hall or any City facilities if you have symptoms of cold or flu or you feel unwell.
There are no capacity restrictions on indoor or outdoor personal gatherings and at exercise facilities. Learn more or register for programs at Crystal Pool and Fitness Centre and other facilities.
We continue to clean frequently and do all we can to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19. Together, we can all do our part to stay safe.
During the pandemic we increased the availability of our online services. Development and Building Permit applications can now be accepted online. This includes rezonings, development permits, heritage alteration pemits, temporary use permits, and variance applications, as well as building, plumbing, electrical and sign permit applications.
Learn about or access our many online services.
Resources for Businesses
Learn about City Council's Build Back Victoria initiatives to help support local businesses with re-opening and recovery.
Resources for Residents
- Island Health COVID 19 Information
- BC's Response to COVID 19
- Federal Government COVID 19 information
- Federal Government Support for People and Communities
- BC Centre for Disease Control
Provincial COVID-19 Hotline 1-888-COVID19 or text at 1-888-268-4319
Resources for Arts and Arts Organizations
- Canada Council for the Arts COVID 19 information
- British Columbia Arts Council COVID 19 Information and Support
- ActSafe Resources for Arts and Entertainment Industries
- BC Museums Association COVID 19 Information
- Music Manager's Forum Canada Resources
Mental Health Resources
You may be feeling increased stress and anxiety during this challenging time. It's important to take care of your mental health. Here are some links you may find helpful.
- Kids Help Phone - Call 1-800-668-6868 (24/7) or text 686868 (24/7)
- Crisis Services Canada - Call 1-833-456-4566 (24/7) or text 45645 (1pm-9pm PST)
- Canadian Coalition for Seniors' Mental Health
- Multicultural Mental Health Resource Centre
- The Centre for Addiction and Mental Health