The City of Victoria is in communication with provincial health officials regarding standards and protocols.
Build Back Victoria
Learn about City Council's Build Back Victoria initiatives to help support local businesses with re-opening and recovery.
Emergency Social Services Grant
This one-time grant program helped deliver mobile hygiene and other social services to people sheltering outdoors during the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more.
Information and Resources
Victoria City Council continues to monitor the COVID-19 pandemic and look at ways to support residents, businesses and City staff. Click on the buttons below to access helpful information and resources.
BC's Restart Plan
BC's Restart Plan is a careful, four-step plan focused on protecting people and safely getting life back to normal. Learn more.
- As per Public Health Officer orders, starting August 25, 2021, masks are to be worn in indoor public spaces, including City of Victoria facilities, for people 12 and up regardless of vaccination status. Learn more.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use hand sanitizer when washing your hands is not possible
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Cough or sneeze into your sleeve and not your hands
- Stay home if you are sick to avoid spreading illness to others
Updates from the City
October 2, 2020 marked the final Facebook Live address, which started at the beginning of the pandemic to provide the public with updates on the City’s response to COVID-19. The ‘What’s up at Council’ video series resumed in its place.
City of Victoria COVID-19 Update
October 2, 2020
View the City's archive of COVID-19 response and recovery updates here.