Online Plumbing Permit Applications Are Now Available Via MyCity.
The BC Plumbing Code 2018 is in effect.
Plumbing Permit Applications
- Contractor and Homeowner Plumbing Permit applications are available online through MyCity
- Please contact a Permit Services Representative by email if you are unable to apply online
Plumbing Permit fees are found on our Fee Schedule.
Inspection Requests Are Available Online.
When do I Need a Plumbing Permit?
The Building and Plumbing Regulation Bylaw No.17-113 regulates the construction, alteration, repair, and demolition of buildings and other structures within the City of Victoria.
A Plumbing Permit is required prior to commencing work on:
- Adding or removing fixtures, such as a sink, shower, or clothes washer
- Installation or alteration of any sanitary sewer or water service
- Installation or alteration of connections to a storm water utility
- Installation or alteration of a fire sprinkler system or standpipe system
- Installation of any back-flow prevention device
A Plumbing Permit is not required for the following:
- Replacement or maintenance of existing fixtures in the same location
- Maintenance of existing plumbing systems
- Irrigation systems downstream of a back-flow prevention device
- Plumbing systems separately serviced for the purpose of site drainage (a permit is required for a connection to the storm water utility)
Applications and Forms
- CRD Waste Discharge Assessment Form [PDF - 38 KB]
- Fixture Calculation for Water Service Size [PDF - 357 KB]
- Plumbing Permit Application - Fire Protection [PDF - 48 KB]
Information and Policies
Engineering Fees for New Connections to City Stormwater, Sanitary (Sewage) and Water
For information and questions regarding Engineering fees contact the Engineering Department.