Online Plumbing Permit Applications Are Now Available Via MyCity.
The BC Plumbing Code 2018 is in effect.
Plumbing Permit Applications
- Contractor and Homeowner Plumbing Permit applications are available online through MyCity
- Please contact a Permit Services Representative by email if you are unable to apply online
Plumbing Permit fees are found on our Fee Schedule.
Inspection Requests Are Available Online.
When do I Need a Plumbing Permit?
The Building and Plumbing Regulation Bylaw No.17-113 regulates the construction, alteration, repair, and demolition of buildings and other structures within the City of Victoria.
A Plumbing Permit is required prior to commencing work on:
- Adding or removing fixtures, such as a sink, shower, or clothes washer
- Installation or alteration of any sanitary sewer or water service
- Installation or alteration of connections to a storm water utility
- Installation or alteration of a fire sprinkler system or standpipe system
- Installation of any back-flow prevention device
A Plumbing Permit is not required for the following:
- Replacement or maintenance of existing fixtures in the same location
- Maintenance of existing plumbing systems
- Irrigation systems downstream of a back-flow prevention device
- Plumbing systems separately serviced for the purpose of site drainage (a permit is required for a connection to the storm water utility)
Applications and Forms
- CRD Waste Discharge Assessment Form [PDF - 38 KB]
- Fixture Calculation for Water Service Size [PDF - 357 KB]
- Plumbing Permit Application - Contractor [PDF - 421 KB]
- Plumbing Permit Application - Fire Protection [PDF - 48 KB]
- Plumbing Permit Application - Homeowner [PDF - 270 KB]
- Plumbing Inspection Request Form [PDF - 590 KB] - Inspections are scheduled online via MyCity.
Information and Policies
Engineering Fees for New Connections to City Stormwater, Sanitary (Sewage) and Water
For information and questions regarding Engineering fees contact the Engineering Department.