Sign Permits

Prior to starting work related to your sign project, you must obtain a Sign Permit. This includes erecting signage. In the City of Victoria, signage is governed under the Sign Bylaw No. 14-097.

Sign Permit Application

Sign Permit applications may be submitted to Please contact a Permit Services Representative at 250.361.0344 if you are unable to apply by email.

The following forms may be required for your Sign Permit application:

A Development Variance Permit is required for signage that does not comply with the Sign Bylaw. Some signage will require confirmation by a professional engineer for its structural capacity, such as projecting and freestanding signs.

Fee Schedule

Information, Policies & Resources