Prior to starting any stage of your project, including erecting signage, you must obtain a permit.

The Owner's Authorization Form is no longer required for Sign Permit applications. The waiver on the second page of the Application Form serves as permission/consent to apply for the permit. 

Some signage will require confirmation by a professional engineer for its structural capacity, such as projecting and freestanding signs.  Where a professional engineer is required, the drawings must be submitted with the original stamp and signature of the professional engineer.

Drawings can be submitted electronically in digital .pdf format. Also, where a professional engineer is required, these drawings may still be submitted electronically, and must be sealed with a certified digital signature.  Please email to inquire about this process.


A Development Variance Permit is required for signage that does not comply with the Sign Bylaw.

Click here for information or to apply for a portable sign permit, also known as sandwich boards.