A Plumbing Permit is required before commencing work on:
- adding or removing fixtures, including: sinks, shower, clothes washer
- installation or alteration of any sanitary sewer or water service
- installation or alteration of connection to a stormwater utility
- installation or alteration of a fire sprinkler system or standpipe system
- installation of any back-flow prevention device
A Plumbing Permit is not required for:
- replacement or maintenance of existing fixtures in the same location
- maintenance of existing plumbing systems
- irrigation systems downstream of a back-flow prevention device
- plumbing systems separately serviced for the purpose of site drainage
Note: a permit is required for a connection to the stormwater utility.
Plumbing Permit Applications
The following forms may be required to submit your application:
- CRD Waste Discharge Assessment Form
- Fixture Calculation for Water Service Size [PDF/220KB]
- Plumbing Permit Application – Fire Protection [PDF/241KB]
- Plumbing Permit - Revision after Issuance [PDF/131KB]
If you require an inspection, you can submit an inspection request online via MyCity.
Additional Application Resources
The Engineering Department handles fees for connecting to City stormwater, sanitary (sewer) and water. For information, please contact the Engineering Department.